Year 4 enjoyed a fun cooking day on Wednesday courtesy of Chartwells. Some of the children got to try out their cooking skills and learnt more about how and why it is important to eat healthy foods.
Year 4 enjoyed a fun day out at the Henley River and Rowing Museum last week. In the morning, the children took part in some classification activities involving different animals and undertook a river walk which involved identifying different birds. In the afternoon, we visited the Museum and the children particularly enjoyed the Wind in the Willows and BFG sections. The children really enjoyed the day and were a credit to the school with their excellent behaviour.
We enjoyed a fantastic walk along the River Thames last week. After a bus trip into Reading, we sketched two of the bridges, watched boats going through a lock and walked across a weir and along a floodplain. We also spotted lots of wildlife as we walked along and recorded how the river is being used today. I think the children also enjoyed the picnic and playtime in the park beside the river!
Thank you to 4P for behaving so well on the trip and for being great ambassadors for Park Lane School.
The children created and acted some scenes about how they would include other people in their games and make new children welcome at Park Lane.
We have been estimating and measuring capacity in maths. The children got a bit wet but loved it!
Welcome to Park Lane Blogs. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
A few quick tips before you delete this automated blog post:
- Make sure your first post is an exciting and engaging one!
- Ask your children what they think of the blog and what they would like to see on it. Act on their recommendations.
- Make sure your blog demonstrates to your children how much you personally love learning. Your example will be powerful.
- Celebrate your children’s achievements and consider them the primary audience for this blog.
- Use hyperlinks to connect your children with content from other classes around your school, other websites and other schools around the globe.
Commit these tips to memory and then delete them. They will self-destruct anyway if this blog exhibits any signs of being boring.
This blog will be what you make it. Enjoy!