- The governing body work as a team, and in co-operation with the staff ensure a safe, happy, learning environment where children can prosper.
- Monitor the strategic thinking of where the schools are going and how we get there. The day to day running of both sites is managed by the Executive Head.
- Working with the Executive Head and Senior Staff, governors are responsible for strategically setting and delivering the schools aims and policies. This includes:
- Improving standards of Teaching and Learning.
- Implementation of Statutory Legislation.
- Setting and monitoring the schools budget.
- Staff appointments and interviews.
- Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities.
- The School improvement plan.
- Risk assessments and general care of the schools estate.
- The full governing body meets 4 times each school year to approve policies, receive reports from each subcommittee, review the progress of the school and when required make decisions on its future direction.
- In addition governors attend one of the specialist committees (Curriculum, Finance & Personnel, Sites & Buildings) where the ‘groundwork’, research and discussion on key issues occurs.
The Federation places great value on the work and commitment of the committees.
Governing Body Membership:
Mike Wall Chair of Governors, Chair of Finance and Staffing Term of Office 31/12/2018
Sally Cairns Vice Chair, Co-Chair of Curriculum Committee Term of Office 31/12/2018
Nicola Browne Executive Head
Mark Cole Chair of Sites and Buildings Term of Office 31/12/2018
Hiroko Plant Vice Chair, Co-Chair Curriculum Committee Term of Office 31/12/2018
Lucy Chothia Parent (Park Lane) Finance and Staffing Term of Office 31/12/2018
Vanessa Bennett Staff (Moorlands) Curriculum Term of Office 31/12/2015
Leigh Lister Co-opted Finance and Staffing Term of Office 31/12/2018
Michelle Mead Co-opted Curriculum Term of Office 31/12/2018
Meri O’Connell Co-opted Curriculum Term of Office 31/12/2018
Sarah Passby Co-opted Sites and Buildings Term of Office 31/12/2018
Amanda Pierro Staff (Park Lane) Sites and Buildings Term of Office 31/12/2018
Lee Simpson Co-opted Curriculum Term of Office 25/03/2019
Kerry Thomas Co-opted Curriculum Term of Office 31/12/2018
Sue Heath Clerk to Governors
Governors’ attendance at full governing body meetings for the academic year 2014/15
Declaration of Interests
A Register of Business Interests is kept in school and to date all governors have made a ‘nil return’.
Declarations of Interest are also a standing agenda item at every governors’ meeting.