Teaching Assistant based at Park Lane – 25 hours
Teaching Assistant Level 2
BASED AT PARK LANE PRIMARY SCHOOL
From January 2018
Grade/Salary: RG3, Spine points 15-18 (from £8.85 per hour)
Term-time only, Part-time: 25 per week, Monday to Friday
(8.45am start would be desirable)
Permanent Contract (6 months probationary period)
(Successful candidates will normally start at the first point of the grade to which they are appointed)
The Governors of the Federation of Moorlands and Park Lane Primary Schools wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to be based at Park Lane Primary School. The post holder would be required to cover some lunch time duties.
The successful applicant may be required to work at other sites within the Federation.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children within a school setting
- is passionate about children’s learning and every child achieving their full potential
- has lots of energy, enthusiasm and patience
- is flexible and can work well within a team
- has a sense of humour
- teaching assistant NVQ an advantage
- has a good standard of literacy, numeracy and ICT skills to GCSE/NVQ standard
We can offer:
- friendly and enthusiastic children who want to learn
- a caring, happy school with a clear vision for our continued improvement
- experienced, committed, friendly and supportive colleagues
- high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
The post holder will be required to work with individual children and groups of children, to support the class teacher and to contribute towards the evaluation and modification of work programmes as required. The successful candidate will be a good communicator.
For an applicant pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 5515. Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Please contact the school for further information. Visits to our school are welcomed. Please contact Sarah Passby at email@example.com or call 0118 937 5515 to arrange.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
Closing date for all applicants: 12 Noon Friday 1st December 2017.
Shortlisting: Friday 1st December 2017
Interview date: Thursday 7th December 2017
Park Lane Primary School: School Road, Tilehurst, Reading RG31 5BD
T: (Juniors) 0118 937 5515 firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://parklaneblogs.net
Moorlands Primary School: Church End Lane, Tilehurst, Reading RG30 4UN T: 0118 901 5505, F: 0118 901 5504
email@example.com Website: http://moorlandsprimaryschoolblog.net